Can I Change The Shape Of My Teeth?

Can I Change The Shape Of My Teeth?The shape of teeth can be changed and so can the size and shade. Cosmetic dentistry allows for most appearance issues to be managed. If you are insecure about the shape or size of your teeth, there is likely a way for it to be adjusted. Depending on your specific wants and needs, a different solution(s) may be right for your smile. A cosmetic bonding treatment can be used to add onto a tooth to cover a crack or gap. Conversely, contouring can take away from a tooth’s structure to smooth the shape. When you have multiple teeth with multiple issues, porcelain veneers can be one a way to get you the smile of your dreams. 

Adjust with Bonding

As stated above, a cosmetic bonding treatment adds onto a tooth by using a composite resin material (the same as used in a tooth-colored filling). The material is color-matched then applied directly to the tooth, shaped to the desired appearance, hardened, and polished for a natural appearance and function. Bonding can be a great solution for a tooth with a small chip or a crack. It can be used to fill in a small gap or for a tooth that is smaller than the rest. It can also be a way to cover up stains from inside the tooth.

Edit with Contouring

Jagged, pointy teeth can be smoothed out with dental contouring. If you have teeth that are uneven or any that are larger than the rest, contouring can be done to provide symmetry to your smile. The treatment can be done in a conservative way to not effect the health of the teeth.

Cover Multiple with Veneers

Porcelain veneers are thin shells of porcelain applied directly and permanently to the front of teeth. They are customized to the desired shape, size, and color. When you have multiple teeth that you want to change the appearance of, veneers can be a great way to do it.

Cosmetic dentistry goes beyond the shade of your smile

The shape and size of your teeth can be changed. To schedule a consultation with Smith Family Dentistry in Greenville, TX call us at 903-455-5750. We proudly serve patients from Hunt County, Greenville, Royce City, Sulphur Springs, and all surrounding communities.